Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspired by Anahata Katkin / Papaya!

Halo of Roses
Digital Painting/Collage

This is a photoshopped painting/collage of my paintings, except the labyrinth image, that came from Dover. I've had this girl half painted laying around and never knew how to finish her or what else I could do with her, so I scanned the painting and this is what I came up with. I borrowed a lot from Tattoo Nouveau- hair roses mandala background. The composition is inspired by the gorgeous work of Anahata Katkin.

Anahata is one of my artist/designer crushes. When I grow up I'd like to have a freakin' awesome inspiring art bizz like Papaya! I'm always wowed by everything the Papaya team does, especially anything paper. I'm a wrapping paper & stationary & office supplies nut-especially when its pretty-pretty.




detail view: layers texture layers color layers!

No comments: