Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A vacation to Georgia stole my brain


The drive to Georgia from Florida is always enjoyable because of the beautiful landscape.

The clouds were white and fluffy floating in an impossibly blue sky. The trees and grass were miles of bright green set against this perfect backdrop, everything was like something out of a movie.
The sky just seemed to go on forever.


I took all these photographs from the window of a moving vehicle, they are all like captured landscape paintings, colors so gorgeously saturated that they seem fake.


I didn't alter the pictures at all, the grass and trees looked like they were glowing green in real life, too.


I spent almost an entire week preparing, for the trip... and then I needed a couple of days to unwind. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, or so I've heard, but I was taking a two-month-old and a lot had to be coordinated.
I was in charge of photography, which worked out great because I like being behind the camera. I took over 600 pictures during the three and a half days we spent away from home.
I took a lot of photos at night, and the camera setting did fun things with the light.


Like this one that looks like a time-lapse light show.


The twilight setting on the camera I was using caused this effect, its magical, and looks like a cloud of glittering fairies.


The camera effect and lighting make the water look like it is on fire, a really nifty and unexpected find.

It was blistering hot outside so the water was warm enough to feel like bath water, but most of our vacation was spent in the pool. Because of the Solstice the sun didn't set until almost 9:00pm.

The sunlight literally sparkled off of the surface of the water.

Family, food, and fun, what better way to spend Father's day? Such a fitting start to summer.

1 comment:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i have taken that same trip and those same photographs from the moving car...i am having my tea by the sea...with flowers in my hair...come join me...hugs, rebecca/cre8tiva