Friday, February 4, 2011

Its been a while, hasn't it?


In the time between my last post and now I've had an entire gallery show, moved to a new state, and painted more than I've ever painted. I really feel like I've grown as an artist/painter. Every piece presents all these little problems to solve. Sometimes I look back later and I'm amazed that I was the person who created this piece. Sometimes everything clicks.


This is my favorite piece from the gallery show I did. I can see all the growth from a year and a half of painting there in one piece. I'm amazed.



I'm always drawing and painting faces, always perfecting expressions. Sometimes I can look back and remember the lessons I learned with each piece, looking back I can see the inspiration behind these pieces.


I'm always experimenting... and experimenting some more.


2010 was an incredible year of productivity and growth. It may be February, but I am hoping to continue with that energy for all of 2011.

No comments: