Monday, June 20, 2011

Newest Painting

Waiting
Acrylic on 11x14 canvas

 I'm finishing up this piece (Waiting) and I have about a million other ideas because of it.  I love it when inspiration works like that.
  I want my very own carousel, and her sweater.




This is the sketch for her face, I usually end up preferring the sketch to the painting.  Everything I'm painting lately is pretty nostalgic; me thinking about when I was young. I really liked the old quarter-a-ride carousels that were outside of stores.  What the heck happened to them? They were always so brightly colored and the horses were either horribly ugly or little mini works of art. I loved horses and carousels when I was young.  I had the prettiest porcelain carousel horse, hand-painted.   I really want to get another and paint it, or make my own out of paper mache and paper clay, hrm, never enough hours in the day. 

No comments: