Friday, June 17, 2011

Finished! Alice in Wonderland Painting, Alice's Favorite Necklace

 Alice's Favorite Necklace
9" x 9" Canvas, 2 2/3" deep sides

Growing up, in the 80s,  I really liked The Black Cauldron and The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, and The Dark Crystal.  Fraggle ROCK!  Inspector Gadget, JEM! I'm completely nostalgic for the movies and stories of my childhood.  Except, I didn't really like the Disney version of Alice, a lot of the wit and charm seemed to be missing.   I'm a big fan of the sweeter side of Alice in Wonderland.  I remember the stories as a child holding so much magic and weirdness.  I always wanted to be Alice.  I used to imagine her going back and forth between Wonderland having adventures.


Based on that idea, I started a series of Alice paintings.  This one is Alice's Favorite Necklace; I imagine Alice carrying mementos of her friends and adventures with her topside.


 I drew and painted that swirly, ornate background, I really want wall paper like that.



 Can you see the Cheshire Cat and the White Rabbit?  I have so many more ideas for this series, I'm painting like a madwoman everyday.

Alice is available on Etsy, so are prints!

No comments: