Friday, February 22, 2008

Saturated with color - 2 finished pieces

I remember when I was in school I kept sketchbook after sketchbook. I would go through one a month or more. I drew these tiny little pictures, floating in the middle of the paper... my art teacher would always comment that I was wasting so much of the paper/page, a 8.5x11" page and my image was always 3"... Why didn't I just get a smaller sketchpad? Or better yet, draw more on the paper.

This always sort of stuck with me. I have a need now, to fill up the entire space of the page with color and marks. And sometimes I think, maybe simpler is better. Maybe white space is a good thing. (While I am coloring it all in ^_^)

2 new scans for today. This one is Roots. I feel like it is finished, but besides that I don't know what I think about it yet. It is a mixed media piece, a study for a more indepth painting. I don't know if I like the brightness of it yet. But... this incarnation is finished.



Another finished piece, yay! She Dreams of Moths Tea stained paper, paint, glitter, gel pens, colored pencils, gold leaf pen, markers, and chalk. A lot of media went into this piece, and like everything else, it evolved from what I thought it was going to be. I am really happy with this piece.

No comments: